Quick Start Session – 75 Minutes, $25.00
Come out and discover all you need to know to get started with Nordic walking in one easy 75 minute session.
- Classes are designed for ALL ages and fitness levels. Class size, 1 -10 students.
- We will describe the basic technique in this hand’s on class, providing individual feedback as you learn. You will have plenty of opportunity to practice and ask questions.
- A handout will be provided at the end of the session to remind you of the techniques that you have learned.
- Throughout the class we will be stopping, starting, chatting and experimenting, so don’t worry, we will not walk for 75 minutes straight!
- The focus of these small group sessions is proper use of the equipment and proper urban poling/Nordic walking technique. As you learn the skills we will be moving at a slow to moderate pace; once you feel confident, you’ll have the option to walk faster and allow your heart rate to increase.
At the end of the clinic you’ll have all the information you need to use your poles on your own, with friends, and on my Calgary Nordic Walking Meetup site (http://www.meetup.com/Calgary-Nordic-Walking)
Urban poles are available for you to use during your lesson if you do not already own walking poles. Poles are also available for purchase after your lesson ($100 – $120)